Dawlish
Nub News Logo
Nub News

New Teignmouth seafront restaurant to open in spring

Local News by Rob Kershaw 3rd Feb 2023  
The Beachcomber in 2016 (Google Maps)
The Beachcomber in 2016 (Google Maps)

Teignmouth's new seafront restaurant will be open by April after an investment of nearly £800,000 by the owner.

The Captain's Table restaurant is set to replace the Beachcomber, which closed after a fire in 2017. Work began last year to renovate the damaged building and put together the 100-seater restaurant on the Den.

Cllr Richard Keeling (Liberal Democrats, Chudleigh) claimed it will now be a 'premier' eatery, with longer opening hours than its predecessor.

At an overview and scrutiny committee on Thursday (2 February), Cllr Keeling said he is "very confident" of it opening by April.

Cllr Gordon Hook (Liberal Democrats, Buckland and Milber) welcomed the news after six years since the Beachcomber closed.

"That is fantastic news to hear," he said. "This issue has smouldered on – pardon the pun – for several years, so I think people in Teignmouth and beyond will welcome the news."

SEE ALSO: Plans for future of Teignmouth's Beachcomber cafe unveiled

     

CHECK OUT OUR Jobs Section HERE!
dawlish vacancies updated hourly!
Click here to see more: dawlish jobs

Share:


15% discount with code NUB15

Little Mixers Strawberry Daiquiri
Struggling to find the right gift for your partner this Valentine's Day? We've got the answer!

15% discount with code NUB15

Little Mixers Bellini
Struggling to find the right gift for your partner this Valentine's Day? We've got the answer!

15% discount with code NUB15

Little Mixers Pornstar Martini
Struggling to find the right gift for your partner this Valentine's Day? We've got the answer!

Sign-up for our FREE newsletter...

We want to provide dawlish with more and more clickbait-free news.